THE CITY OF CHESTER IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SEASONAL GROUNDSKEEPER POSITION FOR COHEN RECREATIONAL COMPLEX.
THIS POSITION WILL BE FROM MARCH 1ST TO OCTOBER 1ST. STARTING PAY WILL BE $10.00/HR NOT TO EXCEED 30 HOURS PER WEEK OR 1000 HOURS PER SEASON. A JOB DESCRIPTION IS AVAILABLE AT CITY HALL. (SEE BELOW)
APPLICATIONS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE CITY HALL, 1330 SWANWICK STREET, CHESTER, ILLINOIS, OR ONLINE AT WWW.CHESTERILL.COM. PLEASE RETURN APPLICATIONS TO CITY HALL OR MAYOR’S OFFICE. (APPLICATION FOR PART TIME EMPLOYMENT)
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE RECREATION DIRECTOR AT 826-1430.
Groundskeeper Job Description:
- Will be responsible for field preparation for baseball and softball games, practices and tournaments, for assisting with general facility and general field maintenance and upkeep at the Cohen Complex, March 1 – October 1.
- Will be responsible for meeting with the Recreation Director weekly to discuss upcoming field schedule.
- Will be responsible for the preparation of all fields at the Cohen Complex. (Grooming, raking, base plugs and anchors, watering, etc.)
- Will be responsible for regular field maintenance on all fields at the Cohen Complex.
- Will be responsible for the watering of all fields at the Cohen Complex.
- Will be responsible for cleaning out, sweeping and spraying out all dugouts as needed.
- Will be responsible for minor repairs and maintenance as directed by the Park Superintendant.
- Will report all problems, needs and concerns to the Park Superintendant.
- Will report to and be accountable to the Park Superintendant.
Hours and Rate of Pay:
- Hourly rate of pay will be $10.00.
- Will not exceed 30 hours per week or 1000 hours per season and will turn in weekly time sheets to the City Clerk at City Hall.
- Must have knowledge of ball field preparation and field maintenance.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Must be able to manage time well.